Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Going Green

I started this journey three years ago while I was taking Environmental Sciences classes because they were much more interesting than my MBA courses.

By now I have read a ton of articles and books on conservation, ecology, energy, sustainability, etc. I believe that our environment effects our health and well being. Our own ecosystems impacts our moods, our illnesses and our ability to thrive. I think there is a direct link to what we ingest and are exposed to, and our psychoses and illnesses.

So my journey began. My eco-conscious formed and the smog lifted. I decided (doo du dah doo!) that I would go green.

I'll put together a list of the books I've read and want to read. Please read them and let me know what you think.

http://www.ecofoot.org/

Going green should be fun, so here is quiz to take. Quizes are fun.
Now you know, like me, what changes you can make to go green. Read on to find out how it's going, or rather sometimes going, sometimes not. My goal is to live on 1 planet by the end of 2007!

Here are my results.

CATEGORY ACRES
FOOD 3.2
MOBILITY 1
SHELTER 4.4
GOODS/SERVICES 3.7
TOTAL FOOTPRINT 12


IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 24 ACRES PER PERSON.

WORLDWIDE, THERE EXIST 4.5 BIOLOGICALLY PRODUCTIVE ACRES PER PERSON.

IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 2.8 PLANETS.



1 comment:

CnH said...

Hi!
I just took the test. Here are my results:
food - 5.2
mobility - 1.7
Shelter - 3.2
goods/services - 4.4
total - 14
Equals 3.3 planets!

Yikes!
-CnH

Popular Posts

AHHA member since 2013

The American Holistic Health Association is the free and impartial information resource for wellness and healing. In fact, AHHA is endorsed by leading healthcare professionals worldwide. Our sole purpose is to offer you impartial holistic health resources — both alternative and traditional —that help you become more active and confident in your health decisions.

LINKED IN Profile
www.linkedin.com/in/janetjpattison

Veteran Owned Business

Veteran Owned Business Directory, Get your free listing, now!