Monday, March 10, 2008

Making a change one lipstick at a time

CHANGING MY FAVORITE SKIN CARE FOR THE BETTER

Here is an update!
I did hear back from Mary Kay and they received my package.
I returned all of my products that contained ingredients with a score of moderate to high hazard found on the Skin Deep cosmetics database.

They are going to send me information on their new minerals line of foundations and powders. This new line replaces the current one and is also supposed to have eco-friendly packaging. Old cosmetic cases that hold the current snap in colors can be returned to Consultants who can turn them back in to Mary Kay at convention (so as not to create more carbon waste from millions of women mailing in a package).

The company is moving in the right direction and I'm eager to see the ingredients for their new line of minerals and skin care products.

---------------------------------
Tuesday, September 4, 2007

This weekend I started researching non-toxic/organic skincare and cosmetics. Why? Because I use them everyday and since I'm not ready to eliminate them from my routine, I figure there is a better way to it.

CHANGING MY FAVORITE SKIN CARE FOR THE BETTER
I love Mary Kay cosmetics and skincare. So much that I'm signed up as a consultant. But I've learned that Mary Kay has not signed the Compact for Safe Cosmetics.
http://www.safecosmetics.org/companies/compact_with_america.cfm
Also the products listed on Skin Deep, a cosmetic safety database, are ranked from moderate to high hazard.

I wrote Mary Kay asking them to create a line of non-toxic skincare and cosmetics. The products are great, but I think they can be made better.

WHAT TO DO NOW
So while I'm doing that, I looked for some non-toxic/organic lines to try. I tried Aubrey but it didn't work for me, buy MyChelle works really well, I think it's just a bit pricey for me.
I also found Alima Cosmetics. I bought some to try out.

GOAL
However, my goal is to get Mary Kay to start a new line of non-toxic/organic skin care and cosmetics. They company is fantastic and I want it to continue on and thrive as a business. It's focused on helping women, and I think this change is right in line with their focus.

No comments:

Popular Posts

AHHA member since 2013

The American Holistic Health Association is the free and impartial information resource for wellness and healing. In fact, AHHA is endorsed by leading healthcare professionals worldwide. Our sole purpose is to offer you impartial holistic health resources — both alternative and traditional —that help you become more active and confident in your health decisions.

LINKED IN Profile
www.linkedin.com/in/janetjpattison

Veteran Owned Business

Veteran Owned Business Directory, Get your free listing, now!