Wednesday, December 12, 2007
I just got back from spending some time in Germany.
It was so great to see different ways they Go Green in their daily life.
- None of he buildings I was in have Air Conditioning. Since it rarely gets really hot there, they can open a window.
- They have great radiators for heat. You can use on the one in the bathroom to hang your towels. They also have a temperature gauge on the shower faucet so you can set the water to a constant temperature.
- You see green architecture in the building construction and they build to last.
- I was near Frankfurt and they have villages or towns with lots of space between them. There are a lot of local farms and yard gardens.
I wish I could have seen more, but it is great to travel and see how other countries live.
Here more things I learned since then.
- The German Green Party was the first successful party with an environmental agenda.
- The recycling program and waste management has a lot of critics, but here is some info on how they do it.
- Conservation work - WWF
- Pollution - German Embassy
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (24)
- ► 2008 (60)
I've been pulling my hair out (pun intended) trying to find just a plain old shampoo without a lot o...
Here are 2 recipes for you to try using great summer vegetables and seafood! If you are allergic to any of the ingredients, feel free ...
Solar power systems are not what they used to be. Solar systems are more widely seen from panels on street lights, on backpacks and on cars...
Brita water filters are a great way to improve your drinking water, but the filters are just filling the land fills. Please help get Clorox...
Global Warming Fast Facts National Geographic News Updated June 14, 2007 Global warming, or climate change, is a subject that shows no sign...
AHHA member since 2013
The American Holistic Health Association is the free and impartial information resource for wellness and healing. In fact, AHHA is endorsed by leading healthcare professionals worldwide. Our sole purpose is to offer you impartial holistic health resources — both alternative and traditional —that help you become more active and confident in your health decisions.
LINKED IN Profile
LINKED IN Profile