Monday, January 28, 2008

Reuse and Recycle - New Fish Tank!



OUT WITH THE OLD and IN WITH THE NEW

Our fish are getting too big for the 2 gallon fish tank they are in.
Felix and Oscar need a bigger home.

I SHOULD have gone to Craigslist or Freecycle, but I went to PetSmart and got a 5 gallon tank. I did, however, put the old tank on Craigslist. I also recycled the box that the new take came in :)
Here is my ad.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/zip/555114512.html
Free 2 gallon fish tank Alexandria
Reply to: sale-555114512@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-01-28, 9:29PM EST


This is the way to go! No use putting it in the landfill! Reuse and recycle! :)

--------------------

SUCCESS! NEW HOME for an OLD TANK

I love Craigslist and email. Within minutes I had emails from people interested in getting the fish tank. A guy came by today and picked it up. I felt so good about being able to give it to someone who would use it, and the internet made it so easy. AND the person was local so you don't have the postage and environmental cost of shipping. The only thing that could have made it more green would be if the guys walked or rode a bike. Ha! :)

I suggest everyone to clean up and find a home for anything they could possibly throw away. I think this is a good alternative to Goodwill, where the item could be sitting on a shelf somewhere. This way I know it goes to someone who will be using it.

A little bit of instant Green satisfaction!

No comments:

Popular Posts

AHHA member since 2013

The American Holistic Health Association is the free and impartial information resource for wellness and healing. In fact, AHHA is endorsed by leading healthcare professionals worldwide. Our sole purpose is to offer you impartial holistic health resources — both alternative and traditional —that help you become more active and confident in your health decisions.

LINKED IN Profile
www.linkedin.com/in/janetjpattison

Veteran Owned Business

Veteran Owned Business Directory, Get your free listing, now!