Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Waste=Food Imagine feeding your pet plastic...
... that is what we are doing to the Albatross in the Pacific and to other animals.
An increase of plastic waste in the Pacific is putting birds and animals on the Midway Islands at risk.
Animals are mistaking our trash for food and it's killing their young. This report by the BBC shows how it effects the Albatross.
What can we do?
Be accountable! The trash stops here!
- Reduce your stuff - limit your purchases and recycle! Remember, everything you throw away doesn't just go to the dump...it becomes something or someone's food either by consumption or by breaking down and coming a part of our soil and water
- Help clean it up - Volunteer at your local beach, river and land clean up programs. Make it a goal to volunteer twice a year.
- Call your local government, businesses and groups - Get others involved! Local government can create laws that encourage companies to create biodegradable or recyclable products. Businesses and groups can help organize clean ups. Businesses can create non-toxic and biodegradable products or use them if they provide a service.
- Educate others - Pass the word on to others to be responsible for their waste.
Great website to check out: http://www.fakeplasticfish.com/2008/01/hand-lotion-is-it-for-bees.html
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (24)
- Solids or liquids?
- Waste=Food Imagine feeding your pet plastic...
- Air Pollution - the bad and good news
- USPS makes recycling easier - Recycle your handhel...
- Kick the Bottled Water Habit
- What is in your water? - A solution to dispose of ...
- Making a change one lipstick at a time
- Green webs
- Mow your way to lower emissions?
- ▼ March (9)
I've been pulling my hair out (pun intended) trying to find just a plain old shampoo without a lot o...
Here are 2 recipes for you to try using great summer vegetables and seafood! If you are allergic to any of the ingredients, feel free ...
Solar power systems are not what they used to be. Solar systems are more widely seen from panels on street lights, on backpacks and on cars...
Brita water filters are a great way to improve your drinking water, but the filters are just filling the land fills. Please help get Clorox...
Global Warming Fast Facts National Geographic News Updated June 14, 2007 Global warming, or climate change, is a subject that shows no sign...
AHHA member since 2013
The American Holistic Health Association is the free and impartial information resource for wellness and healing. In fact, AHHA is endorsed by leading healthcare professionals worldwide. Our sole purpose is to offer you impartial holistic health resources — both alternative and traditional —that help you become more active and confident in your health decisions.
LINKED IN Profile
LINKED IN Profile