Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Lower Your Dependency on Fossil Fuels Now!
Lower your dependency on fossil fuels today! Pass it on!
- Fuel prices are at an all time high and expect to go up
- Corn and soy prices are rising due to the need for alternative fuels and floods are devastating crops
- Industry is calling to drill for oil in protected areas but the oil may only last 2.5 years at our current rate of consumption. This just pushes off the problem another 2 years.
The good news is according to the national news tonight Americans are cutting back on driving. We reduced the number of miles driven by 4.4 million in April compared to April of last year and according to the report the trend is expected to continue. Despite an increase in population and the number of vehicles that puts us at 2005 levels. It will be interesting to see how much the decline has increased now that gas is over $4.00 a gallon.
You can lower our nation's consumption of fossil fuels! - Let's continue the trend.
Who is using fossil fuels and how much?
- Petroleum products
- Petroleum product consumption
- Fossil Fuel is 40% of the fuel we use
Reduce your fuel consumption by:
* Replacing incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent lamps (CFL's)
* Walking and biking
* Carpooling or taking public transportation only when you must - cut back driving errands to once a week - consolidate your trips
* Lowering your heat in the winter and air conditioner in the summer
* Turning off lights and electronic equipment when not in use--even in "standby" mode, electronics still consume energy- unplug equipment not in use
* Buying high efficiency appliances
* Using people and animal power, geothermal, wind and other renewable energy resources
* Investing in renewable technologies
* Using email and buy items produced locally to lower the need for shipping
* Doing these things at your workplace, church, market, etc.
Saving Time and Keeping a small carbon footprint!
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (24)
- ▼ June (8)
I've been pulling my hair out (pun intended) trying to find just a plain old shampoo without a lot o...
Here are 2 recipes for you to try using great summer vegetables and seafood! If you are allergic to any of the ingredients, feel free ...
Solar power systems are not what they used to be. Solar systems are more widely seen from panels on street lights, on backpacks and on cars...
Brita water filters are a great way to improve your drinking water, but the filters are just filling the land fills. Please help get Clorox...
Global Warming Fast Facts National Geographic News Updated June 14, 2007 Global warming, or climate change, is a subject that shows no sign...
AHHA member since 2013
The American Holistic Health Association is the free and impartial information resource for wellness and healing. In fact, AHHA is endorsed by leading healthcare professionals worldwide. Our sole purpose is to offer you impartial holistic health resources — both alternative and traditional —that help you become more active and confident in your health decisions.
LINKED IN Profile
LINKED IN Profile