Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hello from Mississippi!



I am now writing to you from the beautiful state of Mississippi! Now that I have relocated, I have lots to share about my eco-journey, the many twists and turns, but today I'm sharing my need for a guest bed.

Now that I'm set up in a house rather than an apartment, I now have the room to properly host a guest! However, I move often and do not want a lot of new furniture to populate this room.

I'll be able to decorate the room with stuff I already have, but the centerpiece, the main reason for the room is missing. I need a bed! I looked at many alternatives, sleeper couches, futons, tatamis, air mattresses. All were good, but didn't have the eco theme that I am trying to create. What I need should either be reused or if it's new it is created sustainably.

After days of surfing on the web, I found my solution! http://www.northernnaturals.com/ Northern naturals makes a great mattress out of sustainable materials that I can put directly on the floor and fold up and keep in the closet when not in use. This makes perfect sense for moving around and is a great sustainable product made in Vermont.
I feel good about this purchase on many levels.
My mattress will arrive in a week and I'll post a photo of the finished room.

THE FUTON
The Futon arrived! It's a very pretty red color. I have it folded to the side of the room right now with the comforter on top of it. I have a fitted sheet that I used to use on a full size bed and two pillows that are in the brown chest which I found for $18 at a thrift store. I tried the futon out and it's very comfortable. I don't know why I spent twice as much for my current queen size mattress and box spring. I think I'll make a simple window covering to pull it all together and wha-la!

No comments:

Popular Posts

AHHA member since 2013

The American Holistic Health Association is the free and impartial information resource for wellness and healing. In fact, AHHA is endorsed by leading healthcare professionals worldwide. Our sole purpose is to offer you impartial holistic health resources — both alternative and traditional —that help you become more active and confident in your health decisions.

LINKED IN Profile
www.linkedin.com/in/janetjpattison

Veteran Owned Business

Veteran Owned Business Directory, Get your free listing, now!