Friday, October 28, 2011

Winter Hair Beware!



The problem
Yes, I'm a Leo and I care about my hair! In my shower and under my sink you will find a ton of hair care products. Not ECO GROOVY! So, last month I looked into finding a shampoo and conditioner that will not dry out my hair and fits better into my eco-conscious lifestyle.

Living on the coast, it's not such a big deal. The humidity is there and keeps the moisture in my hair. Living in the high country of the midwest my hair dries out in an instant! Adding oils just makes it dried out and oily looking.

So I went online, read reviews and watched other women on You-Tube with the same issues. From the search I discovered Hair One hair cleanser.

It's sulfate free and is a cleanser and conditioner. I've been using it for a month now and no longer need to use my deep conditioning conditioner, leave in conditioner and night hair conditioner.
The proof? My husband no longer tells me I look like Monfils in the morning. :)



The savings
Now I calculate my savings.
By switching to Hair One for my cleansing and conditioning needs, I can stop using:
Natures Gate Shampoo $5
Natures Gate Conditioner $5
Nexus Split End repair $11.50
Aveda Sun Care After Sun Masque $25
Roots of Nature Shea Butter $5
Total $51.50 every 3 months

Hair One $12-$15 depending on the scent

Total Savings!!! About $36 per quarter or $144 per year!

I'm also saving the cost of plastic.
Instead of 20 plastic bottles, I'm only using 4 per year!

The best way to lessen the environmental impact is to Reduce the Use!
http://www.ecologycenter.org/ptf/misconceptions.html

What am I doing with the unused conditioners?
- Conditioning my leather boots, jacket and purse

- Conditioning my dog Lucy











I hope this gets you interested in shrinking your footprint!



See more!

Human Impact: Synthetic Sea "plastic in the open ocean"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpaSewyddd4

No comments:

Popular Posts

AHHA member since 2013

The American Holistic Health Association is the free and impartial information resource for wellness and healing. In fact, AHHA is endorsed by leading healthcare professionals worldwide. Our sole purpose is to offer you impartial holistic health resources — both alternative and traditional —that help you become more active and confident in your health decisions.

LINKED IN Profile
www.linkedin.com/in/janetjpattison

Veteran Owned Business

Veteran Owned Business Directory, Get your free listing, now!