Wednesday, May 23, 2012
I went on a Carnival cruise with the family! We had a great time but I had some food anxiety starting out. I did gain 6 pounds but 2 days post cruise it's almost all gone.
This is what I ate and what I did on my 7 day cruise!
Started the cruise with a little food anxiety. The buffets were huge! There was always fruit (yes!), but the greens were lacking and usually cooked (sigh).
Sunday- Carnival offers vegetarian meals in the dining room!
Started the journey with a piña colada! For dinner I had white wine and the Indian Vegetarian dish which was pretty tasty. They spread the food out over 3 plates so I felt special at the table. LOL! For dessert I had some of the chocolate cake and the tropical fruit plate.
Monday - Found the Mongolian BBQ buffet!
For breakfast I had the fruit, juice and some tea. Downside on the juice. I saw the container and it was 60% juice from concentrate. Don't know what the other 40% was so I stopped drinking the juice after that.
For lunch I did the Mongolian BBQ with veggies only. YUM!!!!
I snacked on some nuts, kaput and goji that I brought from home. I should have brought more!
I tried one of their onboard smoothies. It tasted like they mixed in some sprite so I passed on that (till the last day).
Dinner was a Greek salad, lobster, strawberry and cream soup and an alligator fritter. (The cream soup and fritter were a mis-step, I payed for that by being plugged for 2 days. Ugh)
This was a major lounging day by the pool. I did take a dip a few times. :) Also got a great hot stone massage.
Tuesday - Found the omelet bar, the espresso bar and the magnesium.
For breakfast I took it easy with fruit, omelet and a coffee.
Snacks were a green tea soy latte, fruit and the rest of the nuts.
Dinner was baked fished and skipped on dessert. Still feeling really full.
Wednesday - Saturday
Continued eating fruits but lost my taste for the salads. I had to incorporate more of the cooked foods. Also went on some excursions with walking and snorkeling. I was feeling much better by Saturday and the cruise drinks were getting tastier.
Sunday - The party's over.
On Sunday we were back on dry land looking tan and happy.
I felt tired and sluggish and napped 2hours. Sought out the organics! I ate ta salmon sushi roll and a bowl of seaweed salad. I then drank 20oz of Green Goodness juice. I made some fresh organic salsa and for dinner ate tilapia, organic broccoli and organic potato with seaweed.
Monday - Feeling awful...could I be detoxing?
Ate organic oatmeal and flax with an organic kiwi and a banana. Organic celery with organic peanut butter.
Lunch ate left over yakisoba and an organic salad with seaweed and flax oil
By noon I felt a cold coming on and had ginger tea with a lot of honey and ate pistachios and drank 20oz of the Green Goodness juice.
Right after dinner I started to get a huge headache over my left eye then all around my head. I had to lie down and thankfully fell asleep. My shoulders are tight and achy.
Tuesday - The journey home.
I ate lightly on Tuesday since I spent most of the time at the airport. I did stay hydrated and took some Tylenol throughout the day.
Tired, but starting to feel better.
I'm back at home and eating my own food again! I had an organic spinach, mango, banana smoothie and rested. I'm starting to feel better now! Whew! It's tough making good food choices on a cruise. Next cruise I'll need to take some major supplements with me and not be tempted with dairy and desserts. But, I had a blast!
- ► 2013 (26)
- ▼ 2012 (24)
- ► 2008 (60)
I've been pulling my hair out (pun intended) trying to find just a plain old shampoo without a lot o...
Here are 2 recipes for you to try using great summer vegetables and seafood! If you are allergic to any of the ingredients, feel free ...
Brita water filters are a great way to improve your drinking water, but the filters are just filling the land fills. Please help get Clorox...
Solar power systems are not what they used to be. Solar systems are more widely seen from panels on street lights, on backpacks and on cars...
Global Warming Fast Facts National Geographic News Updated June 14, 2007 Global warming, or climate change, is a subject that shows no sign...
AHHA member since 2013
The American Holistic Health Association is the free and impartial information resource for wellness and healing. In fact, AHHA is endorsed by leading healthcare professionals worldwide. Our sole purpose is to offer you impartial holistic health resources — both alternative and traditional —that help you become more active and confident in your health decisions.
LINKED IN Profile
LINKED IN Profile