Sunday, June 24, 2012

Is there shampoo without chemicals????!!!

I've been pulling my hair out (pun intended) trying to find just a plain old shampoo without a lot of chemicals in it.  You may have read my earlier blogs that had 2 favorite picks:  Nature's Gate and Hair One.

Those products are great, but today I'm taking it to another level.  I've learned a lot about natural oils and I'm amazed by the versatility of olive and apricot oil (now my favorite makeup remove and body oil, respectively).

So, I spent a little extra time at my local health food store found these 2 products:
Kiss My Face Castile Oil and Alaffia Hair Care.

Kiss My Face - Castile Soap

Take a look at these ingredients!
Aqua, Saponified Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Saponified Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Saponified Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Essential Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemon Grass) Essential Oil, Cellulose Gum  (You can get it in several scents.)

According to the web, castile soap started in the Castile region of Spain.  There they used a mixture of oils to make their soap.  This stuff is supposed to be good at cleaning anything.  From washing your food, your body and your laundry!  I look forward to trying this stuff out on my head, but I did try it on my bedroom furniture.  (It was time to dust and I wanted to see if this stuff worked on my wood furniture.)  Wow! It did work!  I put a few drops in the bathroom sink and filled it with water.  I then wet the rag and commenced dusting.   It did a fantastic job cleaning and the bedroom and bathroom have a great clean lemon smell.  The wood is still shining because of the oils in the soap.  (Forget Murphy's oil soap!)  I was so impressed that I used the same stuff to wipe down the bathroom counter and floor.    What impressed me most of all it that the rag I used was not stained with dirt.  The castile soap even removed the dirt and dust from the cleaning rag!!!! Ahh!

This stuff is really concentrated so I think I'll need to dilute it before using it as a shampoo.

 


Alaffia - Shea


Alaffia hair care relies on nut butters and oils.  Here is a list of ingredients.

Full Ingredients: Herbal infusion of Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus), Liquid African Black Soap (Distilled water, Saponified Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter and Virgin Palm Kernel (Elaeis guineensis) Oil), Decyl Polyglucose (from corn), Vegetable Glycerin, Virgin Coconut (Cocos nucifera) Oil, Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Essential Oil of Lavender, Fragrance

My hair is very coarse so I'm hopeful about this product.  But it's only for hair so you don't have the versatility like the other product provides.


Either way I'm excited to try both of these products.  The fewer the chemicals you put on the body, the less work your liver has to do to remove toxins from your system!

________________________

Here is an update!  I've been using the Alaffia Shea and my hair is incredibly soft.  My normally course dry hair feels really nice.  I've been using the one made for curly hair because I like the smell of sandalwood. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there colleagues, how is all, and what you want to say
regarding this article, in my view its in fact awesome in favor of me.


Also visit my web page - Best Shampoo and Conditioner for Oily Hair ()

Popular Posts

AHHA member since 2013

The American Holistic Health Association is the free and impartial information resource for wellness and healing. In fact, AHHA is endorsed by leading healthcare professionals worldwide. Our sole purpose is to offer you impartial holistic health resources — both alternative and traditional —that help you become more active and confident in your health decisions.

LINKED IN Profile
www.linkedin.com/in/janetjpattison

Veteran Owned Business

Veteran Owned Business Directory, Get your free listing, now!