Sunday, October 7, 2012

No Poo! A great way to go for dry hair.



I'm really enjoying this "No Poo" haircare.   My routine is to once a week do a deep condition with my coconut oil/shea butter and water mix.  Then twice a week I use the apple cider vinegar and water with bits of lavender flower and cinnamon stick.  At first the vinegar was overpowering, but it has mellowed out after a few days of the herbs soaking in it.    

How do I do the rinse? I tilt my head and hold the bottle close to my scalp and slowly pour the rinse.  It feels refreshing!  I do this on the left side, right side, then pour it on the ends. I only use about a 1/4 cup for my entire head.  Then I massage my scalp and run my fingers through my hair.  I guess I could use a comb as well.  Then I rinse my hair really well.  I do this all in the shower.  It doesn't take much time at all.  

How do I do the conditioning?  At the beginning of my shower, I heat up the bottle under the water to melt the coconut oil.  Then I squeeze some onto my head and a little in my hand.  I then rub my hair.  It makes my hair feel really thick so I can't run my fingers through it.  For a deep condition you can put a shower cap on.  At the end of my shower I rinse with warm/hot water.   If it still feels thick I do a quick vinegar rinse and it gets the excess oil out of my hair.  Then I comb my hair after the shower!

I really feel good about not using any chemicals and I'm not having dry hair issues anymore. Woo hoo!   One thing about living in the high country in Colorado, it's really arid!

No comments:

Popular Posts

AHHA member since 2013

The American Holistic Health Association is the free and impartial information resource for wellness and healing. In fact, AHHA is endorsed by leading healthcare professionals worldwide. Our sole purpose is to offer you impartial holistic health resources — both alternative and traditional —that help you become more active and confident in your health decisions.

LINKED IN Profile
www.linkedin.com/in/janetjpattison

Veteran Owned Business

Veteran Owned Business Directory, Get your free listing, now!