Thursday, February 28, 2013

Salmon Bugers and Beef Stew

Did two more recipes from the Nourishing Meals Cookbook!
Both are keepers!


Quinoa Salmon Burgers p. 313

3-4 green onions, ends trimmed
1 large handful of fresh cilantro
1-2 teaspoons of lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon sea salt  (calls for 1 tsp Herbamare seasoned salt, but I don't have any!)
Ground black pepper
1-1.5 lbs of wild salmon, skinned and deboned  (need to bump this up to 2 lbs, we love fish)
1 cup cooked quinoa
Olive or coconut oil for cooking

Put all ingredients but the salmon and quinoa in a food processor until finely minced.  Add the salmon and quinoa, but leave it a little chunky.  Form into patties.  (My patties were a little runny so I added a couple spoons of oatmeal.  I then put them in the fridge to cook later that night.)

Cook in a pan for about 5min per side.   Made 7 burgers.

______________________________________

Slow Cooked Beef Stew  p.337

1 medium onion diced
3-4 large carrots, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
1/2 pound of mushrooms, quartered (No mushrooms for my hubby!)
1 pound grass-fed beef stew meat (I used a Laura's steak)
(I added 2 chopped carrots and 2 chopped red potatoes)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup dry red wine
1/4 cup tomato pure (Mom can't do tomatoes so I left these out)
2 tablespoons arrowroot or sweet rice flour ( I used Pamala's all-purpose gluten free mix)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

On Monday I cut up all of the veggies and put them in a plastic container.  I cut up the meat and added the spices, flour and liquid and let it marinade in a separate container in the refrigerator.  Wednesday afternoon I got out the crockpot and put the meat with liquids in first and then added the veggies.  Cooked on High for 4 hours stirring once.  YUMMY!!!!  Served over rice my hubby ate the whole thing!  Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Popular Posts

AHHA member since 2013

The American Holistic Health Association is the free and impartial information resource for wellness and healing. In fact, AHHA is endorsed by leading healthcare professionals worldwide. Our sole purpose is to offer you impartial holistic health resources — both alternative and traditional —that help you become more active and confident in your health decisions.

LINKED IN Profile
www.linkedin.com/in/janetjpattison

Veteran Owned Business

Veteran Owned Business Directory, Get your free listing, now!